Day 21-23 Torshavn, Faroe Islands to Hirtshals, Denmark

Sunday  Dateicon  17.8.2014  Tigericon  Dag:1km Totalt:4399km

Oh my god, what have I done?
I'm so hung over my head feels like it's going to explode and how I'm supposed to be able to leave the room by noon seems like it's going to be completely impossible.
I stay in bed as long as possible feeling pitifully sorry for myself for having been so deceitfully betrayed by the mistress known as Faroya Björ.

Well, no one to blame but myself so I bite the bullet and start packing up the gear, we're allowed to store it in the luggage room at the hotel until it's time to load up the bikes to get down to the docks.
I really don't recall much of what we did that afternoon except the unfortunately very vivid recollection of adding some acid rain to someone's flower bed down in the old town quarters.

We spend the afternoon walking around Torshavn with frequent stops for coffee and grab a bite to eat before it's time to load up the bikes and head down to the docks.
We had real luck with the weather on this day and only had a light drizzle throughout the day and remained dry for the 90 minute wait until we rolled on to the ferry.

When we've ridden on to the ferry and have started fastening the bikes the stevedore walks around telling everyone to “take your time because we're expecting perhaps a bit of rough sea”.
Remembering his definition of calm seas when we left Seydisfjördur I for one strapped that bike down like I was expecting the ferry to do summersaults.
I'm still feeling pretty rough from last nights escapades and with the time rapidly approaching midnight I head straight for the cabin and hit the sack.

Monday  Dateicon  18.8.2014  Tigericon  0km

The stevedore wasn't kidding about the rough sea, I wake up at around 5AM by seas high enough that I actually feel I have to cling to the bunk to keep myself from falling out.
The sea was angry that day my friends.
I slumber on for a few more hours before we get breakfast.
We're both feeling pretty queasy at this point so we took some advice from one of the waitresses in the restaurant about eating plenty of salt and got ourselves some chips and headed back to the cabin and watched some movies on the laptop.

Thank god we had prepaid most of the meals on the ferrycrossing because otherwise it would have been pretty tempting to just skip them the way we were feeling most of the time but we did manage to get down some lunch.

The chips-remedy didn't really cut it so we decided to go for some harder drugs to try and calm our queasiness and at 35DKK for a bottle of sea-sickness pills it was the bargain of a lifetime, they could have charged a fortune for these and I still would have got them.
Bouncing through the corridors to the cabin with the kind of seas we were having I felt like a pinball going for a new highscore.

Even though the pills take the edge off we feel pretty much like crap all through the crossing so completely asocial we spent the entire crossing in the cabin except for a trip to the tax-free.
In the early hours of the morning we get to the coast of Norway and the seas calm considerably.

Tuesday  Dateicon  19.8.2014  Tigericon  417km Total:4816km

We leave the cabin at 6.30AM and find our corner in the corridor to just chill and try to pass the time. Now there would be plenty of time to kill because another ferry had taken our slot so we were delayed 90 minutes until we docked.

We hook up with Joakim since we're going on the same ferry from Fredrikshavn to Gotherburg and we actually get to the port 20 minutes before last check-in, new trip record!
Now how they thought when they made a dedicated spot for bikes that leans away from the side stand is beyond me but we finally get all three bikes secured.

There are some sea on this voyage as well but compared to the open seas on the Norröna we don't let that get in the way of a sturdy lunch.
In Gothenburg we say our goodbyes to Joakim and head for home, after about 100kms the rain stops and the rest of the ride home is uneventful.